Invisalign® is a series of custom-made aligners that are created just for you. The aligners are made of comfortable, smooth, nearly invisible plastic. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to our orthodontist, Dr. Jensen, to see if Invisalign in McKinney, Texas, is right for you.
Invisalign can be used to correct a wide variety of alignment problems, including:
– Gapped teeth: This may occur because of missing teeth or because the jawbone is too large for your smile.
– Overbite: The upper teeth sit too far forward of the lower teeth. This can happen because of genetics, poor oral habits, or overdevelopment of the upper jaw.
– Underbite: The lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. Missing upper teeth can also cause an underbite.
– Open bite: Some teeth do not make physical contact with the opposing teeth. This is caused by an abnormal jaw structure or thumb-sucking.
– Crowding: There is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit properly. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if not treated.
– Crossbite: Both the upper and lower teeth are misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to sit inside of the lower teeth. This can happen on the front and sides of the mouth.
Please contact Jensen Orthodontic Arts today for more information and to schedule a consultation. We are excited to help you on your journey to a straight smile!214-842-8106
I feel privileged to help you any way I can.
Dr. Doug Jensen