Did you know that a misalignment issue with your teeth or jaw could be making your oral health care much harder to maintain? Misalignment issues of the teeth and jaws, often called malocclusions, can be the result of a myriad of factors, with the most common form of treatment being some form of orthodontic aligner system, such as braces. If you wish to improve your oral health, straight teeth should be at the top of your list.
Is a malocclusion holding your smile back? Here are some of the most common types:
– Underbites which are also called bulldog teeth consist of the lower incisors protruding our further than the upper incisors.
– Some malocclusions consist of overcrowded teeth. In this case, there is not enough space between each tooth, causing chafing between the teeth, with bends and curvatures often taking place. Spacing issues can also refer to too much space between the teeth, causing abnormally large openings to appear.
– Misplaced midlines are malocclusions pertaining to when the center of your incisors fails to properly line up with the center of your lower incisors.
– Open bites are malocclusions regarding the disconnected top and bottom incisors when biting down.
– Deep bites, which are also called closed bites, consist of extreme forms of overbites in which the lower incisors bite into the area behind the upper incisors.
– Overbites, which are also called upper protrusions, overjets, or buck teeth, consist of the upper incisors (front teeth) protruding our further than the lower incisors.
– Crossbites are malocclusions pertaining to the lower jawbone protruding further out than the upper jawbone.
– Various other types of malocclusions include extra or lost teeth, various types of rotation issues, and transposition malocclusions.
If you have a misalignment issue and are looking for orthodontic treatments, you can contact Jensen Orthodontic Arts to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jensen. We can be reached by calling us at 214-842-8106 or stopping by our office in McKinney, Texas. Now is the time to make your smile shine!214-842-8106
I feel privileged to help you any way I can.
Dr. Doug Jensen