Every smile is unique. In turn, every smile needs different treatments to transform into the smile of their dreams. That is why, here at Jensen Orthodontic Arts, in McKinney, Texas, we offer many different kinds of braces to treat many different kinds of malocclusions.
Yet, what are malocclusions, exactly? The answer is simple. Malocclusions are bad bites and misalignment with your jaw and teeth structure. This can cause many different oral health problems. To help you understand the most common kinds of malocclusions, are team has created a list. This list includes:
Malocclusions of the incisors:
– When your upper and lower incisors fail to align, this is called a misplaced midline.
– When your lower incisors protrude past your upper incisors, this is called an underbite or bulldog teeth.
– When your upper incisors protrude past your lower incisors, this is called an overbite or buck teeth.
– When your upper and lower incisors fail to connect when biting down, this is called an open bite.
Other forms of malocclusion:
– When your lower jawbone sticks out past your upper jawbone, a crossbite occurs.
– When teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong spaces, this is called a transposition malocclusion.
– When teeth slip and slide out of their proper alignment, this is called a rotation malocclusion.
– Spacing malocclusions occur if there are irregular gaps in your mouth, overcrowded teeth, and large gaps between teeth.
As you can see, there are many different kinds of problems that can occur within your teeth and jaw. If you would like more information on your oral health, and wonder if orthodontic treatment is right for your unique smile, please give us a call at 214-842-8106 to set up an appointment. Our friendly staff is always happy to take your call.214-842-8106
I feel privileged to help you any way I can.
Dr. Doug Jensen